Subject: Re: Anecdote wanted...
From: [email-masked] (Tommy Wareing)
Date: 24 Mar 1994 08:09:36 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c

Ken Corbin ([email-masked]) wrote:
> My favorite was a, possibly apocryphal, tale that an early version of a
> new fighter control software would have flipped the aircraft
> upside down if it crossed the equator.

The one I heard was that Polaris missiles store the "time since switch-on"
in a short. The result was that, during the gulf war, they had to be
rebooted about every 18 hours for the guidance software to work
properly.

What I want to know is where it displayed the "Keyboard not present -
Press F1 to continue" message :)

--
  _________________________   _________________________________________
 /  Tommy Wareing          \ /  And I dream of movies                  \
|  [email-masked]   X   They won't make about me when I'm dead  |
 \  0865-483389            / \      - Jon Bon Jovi, Keep the Faith     /
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~